Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Best of 2007

Knit Lit suggested doing a review of last year.

1. your best FO of the year
The sweater for my husband. It doesn't look all that impressive in the photos, but he loves it so much...





2. best FO of the year made by a blog you link to

I'm very taken with the colours of Solange's Babette.

Littlesesame's cabled sweater for her husband is also great.
I may update this as I think of others.

3. best yarn you tried

Rowan cashsoft DK - Gorgeously soft, plenty of yardage and nice and lightweight.

4. best new book/mag/pattern of 2007

Pattern: I liked Wicked; a quick and easy knit that makes a very wearable garment



Magazine: Early days, but Let's Knit in the UK looks quite promising. It's certainly not IK or VK, but the first couple of issues have been more inspiring than the other UK magazines.

Book: Son of Stitch 'n' Bitch. It's so hard to find patterns for men that they actually want to wear. I was a little worried that the patterns would be too young, funky and urban for my husband, but he loves them all (even the ones I'm not sure about). The only problem is that he now wants to know when he is getting his next handknit.

5. best new knitting technique or gadget you tried in 2007

Best technique is beading - I never realised how ridiculously easy it is.



Best gadget is without question the Knitpicks Options interchangeable needles. I already had the Denise set, but the Knitpicks ones are much faster and sharper.

6. top 5 inspirations--what five things inspired you the most over the past year?

  • Ravelry. Obviously.

  • Rowan workshops and particularly meeting Marie Wallin, the chief designer at Rowan.

  • Interweave Knits

  • Any number of prolific knit bloggers

  • I knit London day
7. designer who most amazed & inspired you throughout the year

Norah Gaughan - I have her book and love the patterns she designs for the magazines, but am particularly impressed that she also gives out free patterns on the Berroco website..

8. knitting resolutions for 2008--what's next for you and your blog?
  • Make more jumpers

  • Seriously work on reducing the stash

  • Continue to attend workshops to learn new techniques

  • Crochet a couple of garments

No comments: