Friday, January 18, 2008

Knit a mile week 2

I've continued to knit away on the skirt of the tilted duster. It seems to go quite quickly at first, but now it feels like I've been working on it forever. I've used up the 72 g remaining on the ball plus another 24g, a mere 137m. My running total is thus 365m. To make the mile in six weeks, I should be around 540m by now, so it's not looking good.

I also started crocheting Frou Frou from the Happy Hooker. This was my travel project as plastic crochet hooks seem to be much more acceptable to airlines than knitting needles. While I was away I noticed an inconsistency in the pattern, but carried on, thinking that the number of repeats was incorrect. However, I've just checked the online errata, and found the instructions for the whole section are wrong and I'll have to frog nearly 30 rows!! Aaargh. So almost back to square one on that. I like the Happy Hooker book, but it does contain too many errors.

No comments: