Saturday, February 02, 2008

Mostly crochet

I've mostly been crocheting Frou Frou this week. As it is knitted in one piece, it is becoming rather cumbersome to stuff in a bag for my commute, but is working up fast. I'm just about to start the second front. Looks rather an odd shape at present - my DH thinks it looks like some kind of weird jellyfish.



Still crunching through the yardage - Frou frou contributed an impressive 414m this week, and I did also manage to finish the sleeves of the tilted duster, using another 96m. Added to the previous total of 777m, I'm now up to 1287m! First time I have been on track for the challenge.

Fran asked how I measure the yardage- nothing as clever as a yarn-o-meter I'm afraid! I just weigh the yarn used or remaining on the ball and multiply by the metres per gramme on the ballband. The red yarn I'm using doesn't have ballbands, so I weighed out 10g on the kitchen scales, and measured the number of metres it contained with my tape measure to get the metres per gramme.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I have to admit, I'm a little disappointed, I had visions of a delightful Heath Robinson contraption...oh well....says more about me than you I guess!!! Fran