Sunday, January 27, 2008

Crochet to the rescue

Trying to knit a mile in six weeks? Falling woefully behind target? Then turn to crochet! My work on the Frou Frou jacket is paying dividends in the yardage race. This week I've managed 300m on the jacket and another 112m on the sleeves of the tilted duster. My weekly total is thus 412 m, and challenge to date mileage is 777 m! This is pretty close to 805 m I should be at, so I'm feeling good about it.


Once I got past the section of decreases on the back (which involved a lot of frogging), I've been making quick progress on straight section and addition of sleeves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How on earth do you know how many metres you've knitted? Do you have a yarn measuring version of the pedometer? A yarn-o-meter? (Probably invented by Wallace and Gromit!!!)Fran x