Saturday, March 03, 2007

A mohair shawl

Having started the scarf for my mother, every time I mentioned it she said, "That's nice, how are you getting on with my shawl?" I took the hint, and cast on for the lacy mohair shawl I had promised her. It's made with a Sirdar 50% kid mohair/ 50% polyester blend, and is a simple garter stitch triangle on huge needles. My DH calls them the girders. Although knitting with them for long periods hurts my wrists, I was able to complete the shawl and hand it over today. It was very well received, and is modelled here by the recipient.


The scarf is nearly done too, and I gave it a test fit today. I'm going to make it a little longer than I would normally wear it.

The first simple stocking stitch sock is done, and I've finished the ribbing of the second one.
The Finn wool jumper continues to haunt me.

No comments: