Thursday, March 29, 2007

Finn-ished!

Woo-hoo, it's done! Finn-ito!
And my DH loves it. The weather turned cold again today, and he has been wearing it all day. The great thing is that it looks like a well worn favourite already - in a good way, I don't mean it's crumpled and saggy, just that he looks comfortable and at home in it. I can really appreciate the natural heathered tones of the wool now that I'm no longer working on it, and can stand back and look. I have to say I'm mightily relieved to get this one out of the way.


A word on blocking. When I finished seaming the seams definitely looked rather puckered, and my DH was concerned. I airily told him all would be well after blocking, despite the fact I have never blocked anything before!
I picked the easiest looking method ie. dampen, then iron with a protective cloth underneath, to get lots of steam into the seams. This worked really well, and didn't take long.

No comments: