Saturday, August 11, 2007

Starting my first BSJ

I cast on for my first EZ Baby Surprise Jacket today - I say first, because everyone in blogland seems to knit this pattern repeatedly. My first yarn choice went the way of the petal bib - too thick and hence way too big. I settled on a thin sock yarn which is giving me a much better size.



I've worked through the decreasing section and have reached the bind offs on the increasing section. I can't see which parts of the knitting will form which parts of the garment yet, but I have faith. If anyone is thinking of knitting this, I highly recommend Dawn Adcock's row by row notes to supplement the original pattern.

I'm plugging away on MS3 clue 4, and am now knitting it in cars and in other situations where my concentration is less than 100%. I figured I would still make more progress even allowing for frogging rows where concentration lapses. Clue 6 or 7 has now been published, so I'm falling well behind the pace again.



The Lutea shell continues to knit up quickly. I am now knitting the front and back separately. When I tried on the first half, the decreases made it too revealing, so I decided this would be the back, and have tried to maintain more stitches on the front. Not sure if it will work or whether I will have to frog back to the armhole.


No comments: