Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Cast on, frogged, cast on again

Keen for a small and simple project, I cast on the petal bib from One Skein, using some Rowan All Seasons Cotton. I worked through the petal edges quite quickly and started the short rows, but eventually had to admit that the bib was adult sized not baby sized! Not being that messy an eater, I gave up and frogged.



I enjoyed working with the yarn, as it's soft and squooshy, so immediately looked for another pattern, and settled on a simple hat, modelled here by Shaun.



Reviewing July's knitting goals:

1) Finish spree bag - no progress

2) Finish the knitting of the adventure bag. I think the finishing will take longer, but I'd like to get the actual knitting done - very little progress

3) Finish Sahara - still hoping to complete by end of June - no, lost the mojo on this

4) Make the icords for large tote bag - no

5) 3 pattern repeats of Charlotte's Web shawl - yes I managed this before getting sucked into MS3

6) New summer top - yes, I did start this, although I didn't pick any of the 4 designs I was considering. The Lutea lace shell is work in progress.


For August, I'll roll forward goals 1, 3, 4 and add some new ones.


That is:

1) Finish spree bag

2) Finish Sahara

3) Make icords for tote bag

4) Finish Lutea lace shell

5) Make a BSJ

6) Clues 4 and 5 of MS3

7) Start Hipknits project shawl

Far too much as usual, but 1-6 are all UFOs or WIPs that need work.

No comments: