Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Serial swatching

Ready to start another easy project, I've been making lots of swatches.


This swatch is more of the Stella I bought in the John Lewis sale, destined to become Evie.


I bought yet more Stella to make the Origami Cardigan in the summer IK, but the bobbles really don't work with the yarn. My pattern gauge is way off, and I think this pattern really needs to be made in a springy wool. I played with an number of other patterns that I thought might be a replacement for the bobbles, but ended up conceding that the bobbles were the main feature in the design, and that the yarn would have to be stowed for another day.
Here's a swatch for some simple socks. This will be first pair using magic loop, so I practised by swatching in the round.
Finally, a lace swatch for Della. More on that in another post, including an answer on why I'm thinking of another lace project while still wrestling manfully with MS3.

No comments: