Thursday, August 16, 2007

Let's hear it for LYS

Two good tales to tell of local yarn stores this week:

Stash and burn podcast had described using Misti Alpaca Bulky to make a cropped cardigan in a previous estimate, and I was keen to try the yarn. Stash is the only UK supplier I've found of this yarn, and when I read that they had got new stock in, I called to order some. It was difficult to figure out the colours over the phone, and finally the assistant said, " I think you really ought to come in". I agreed, but explained that the hours the shop was open would make it difficult. She then volunteered to provide an after hours opening just for me! I felt a bit like film star when I went over there, and not under any pressure. Of course, I ended up spending twice as much as planned!

Secondly, I needed the pattern, and tracked it down at Loop. I called them yesterday, and the pattern was here today. As it was just a single sheet of paper, they even waived the postage!

2 comments:

rahime said...

Wow, that's awesome - I'd feel like a movie star too.

DDKK said...

But what if you'd turned up and not liked the yarn? ;-)

yeah, stupid comment hey?