Thursday, January 04, 2007

The wrong direction

Ok, the stash has started going in the wrong direction.
First of all, my updated count of existing start of year yarn (still not complete) is now at 44,050g.
Then I failed to resist buying more sock yarn yesterday +250g
Sock club yarn arrived today +100g

So with a target of -10,000g this year, on Jan 4th I'm standing at +350g. Oh dear.

Moving on to more positive things, I have signed up for the UFO Resurrection Challenge, in support of the finish the UFOs resolution.
I'm nominating a pair of handwarmers for the first item. This should be simple, as the knitting is done, and they just need seaming. However, I really dislike doing this, so will have to force myself. It's getting cold too, so I could use the finished articles.



I've discovered the joys of Kool Aid dyeing. I appreciate this is old news for US knitters, but it's still new and exciting for us here in England. I bought a saucepan and steamer specially, and rustled up some strawberry blue faced leicester. I only used one sachet for 100g, so the colour is quite soft, but I'm pleased with the mottled effect, where more dye has been absorbed in some parts of the skein. I am now busy hatching a plot to get hold of more Kool Aid, which is going to involve my poor US colleagues making visits to grocery stores with a rather odd shopping list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie!
You can get Koolaid at the Cybercandy store in Covent Garden, or online if you can't get there yourself.