Saturday, January 27, 2007

First finished object of 2007



I've finished the booga bag, and it's great. I finished the icord last night and threw the bag into the washing machine while I watched TV. When I pulled it out, I was really pleased with the way the slightly jarring colours had melded together and softened a bit, while the felt is really thick. I was surprised just how much it shrank. I felted a Noro Kureyon for the tote exchange last year, but it didn't shrink as much. This time I ran the 60 degree cycle once; last time I ran the 40 degree cycle 3 times.



Finished dimensions are 8"x7.5"x4.5", which is close to the pattern spec. It's quite small, but I'm delighted with the colours, texture and shape, so I'm sure I'll use it.

No exciting news on the Finn wool sweater. I'm ploughing on, but it's dull. Here's a sleeve shot anyway.


I did weaken on the yarn buying front, and bought a full pack of Rowan Yorkshire aran tweed. On the reduction front, one gift of 100g and the 150g used for the Booga bag. So up 750g this week. Year to date +1800 g.

Blogger finally allowed me to upgrade to the new version this morning, and it certainly seems to work better at uploading photos, so I'm seeing the benefit already.

6 comments:

Kris B said...

Nice booga bag. I love the colors.

DDKK said...

Love the bag, well done on your first FO of 2007! I won't mention the stash.

rahime said...

The bag is gorgeous! How sturdy do you feel it is? I'd love to make one but I'm notoriously hard on purses and such.

Ang said...

I love the colours in the bag, gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

great bag - love the colors!
I got to your blog via the UFO REsurrection 2007 Webring - but I don't see a link forward to go on in the ring - can you add one? thanks! Kabira

prairiegirl said...

I love it ~ the colours are so bright and cheery!