Saturday, January 20, 2007

Flipping between projects

I haven't finished anything yet for It's not a Gift, largely because when I pick up the cardigan or bag, my husband fixes me with mournful eyes and says, " Is my jumper going to be ready soon?", so I've been moving on with the guilt knitting. In fairness to him, I have missed the deadline of his birthday, and if I don't get it done soon, he won't get to wear it this winter.

I have managed to turn the heel of the first candy sock, as my excuse is that socks are portable, but the Finn wool jumper isn't. I used the eye of partridge for the first time, and love it. I wish I'd knitted some of the main part of the sock in this pattern, and will certainly remember it for future use. The slip stitch gives a complex fair isle sort of look to the variegated yarn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That yarn is gorgeous! I love what you're doing with that heel.

Kris B said...

Gorgeous sock!

jen said...

Hi there, I found your blog through the UFO resurrection challenge ring. Just had to comment on your beautiful sock. The colours are beautiful and I have never seen a heel quite like yours before!