Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Star blanket grows

Progress on my March goals has been mixed. I did a little more of the Vogue silk scarf, I did make the variegated cotton scarf, but stalled on Jolien. I didn't cast on the bamboo silk or possum.


On to April, and the Stash Knitdown group have set the ever-worthy (and needed) goal of working on UFOs / spring cleaning. I'm not going to specify which ones I'll work on, but will log progress as I go.
However, I'm afraid I cast on another new project this weekend; the possum cardigan. The possum is not like any yarn I've worked with before, but it is very soft. I'm a bit worried that the sizing is too big, but am hoping that the ribbing will make it wearable. I'm working on the peplum and it's already falling into soft folds.


The star blanket is getting bigger, although a round is now about 400 dc stitches, and I had to frog a whole round yesterday! Working on this is hypnotic, and this is definitely my project of choice at the moment.

1 comment:

DDKK said...

Wow, the star blanket is cool - a bit difficult to judge the scale though. Sorry to hear about the moths, yeuch!