Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Thrilled with the tea cosy



The stranded tea cosy was a big success! I'm very pleased with the results of the left handed stranding technique, and the colours and pattern worked out better than I expected. The steeking was quite easy, and I went for the unreinforced method, as I used traditional Shetland wool.

We don't usually use a teacosy, and it was nice to find that it does actually keep the tea hot, as well as looking decorative!

I've also made my first pair of Fetching, as an Easter present for my mother. I used 35sts as suggested on the Stash and Burn podcast, which gave a nice snug fit. I think my mother liked them, as she was wandering around the house wearing them the next morning.


1 comment:

DDKK said...

That tea cosy rocks! Sooo much more sophisticated than most of mine!