Sunday, March 16, 2008

Fabulous Finn wool

Through the marvel that is Ravelry, I spotted that a British knitter had got her hands on Riihivilla wool and was knitting mittens with it. This is the wool brand that I picked up in Helsinki in 2006, and with which I subsequently made my husband's much-loved jumper.

I emailed her, and found to my delight that Leena now does mail order to the UK through her blog. Well I couldn't resist adding buying some more Finn sheep wool to make mittens.

I bought a mitten kit designed by Leena's mother:



A multi coloured yarn selection dyed with natural dyes:



And some natural dark wool to contrast with the lighter colours I already have.


Mmm. Lovely. Leena was extremely efficient in handling my order, and I have to say that both the Finnish postal system and Royal Mail were working in harmony, as I paid for my order on Thursday morning and received it on Monday. Two working days... incredible.

The only downside is the cruel Euro exchange rate. I hadn't realised how bad it was until I did this transaction. Holidays could be very expensive this year.

1 comment:

DDKK said...

oh GOD I wish I hadn't seen this! I am supposed to be Knitting From Stash! Those colours are soooo beautiful!