Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stripy hat

I promised my Dad a hat for Easter, and having bought the yarn and measured him, forgot to take the pattern with me. I went back to first principles and calculated the stitch count from the swatch. I put in three ribbed stripes, remembering that the outside would be the inside on the turnup, and carried on happily with the magic loop on my Knitpicks needles. Eventually I reached the point where I needed dpns, and also needed to join in more yarn, and this is where my problems started. I only had metal needles with me, and they are slippery as can be. I kept dropping a stitch where I wove in new yarn, and frogged back twice. I finally finished last night, and it will be going off in the post today.


I used my favourite RYC cashsoft dk for this, as it's so scrumptiously soft.

I also picked up my long abandoned Charlottes' web shawl over the weekend, and got back into the rhythm of it. I'm determined to finish it and not set it aside again. Another 30 rows plus fringe to go.




No comments: