Saturday, June 09, 2007

Vogue multidirectional wrap



The wrap is finished! I just kept going and didn't allow myself to cast on anything else until it was done.
I used mohair and a cotton boucle, which turned out to be a difficult combination, as the mohair felted and shed, and the boucle tangled. The way I knitted it I ended up with 4 balls of yarn tangling together.
I followed the pattern fairly closely, but ended up with more stitches than the pattern to get the right width, so ended up with a rather long front tie. The shaping is quite strange and you just have to believe it will work out in the end. I couldn't make any sense of the sleeve instructions until I came to do it, and all was well.

Flat finished knitting before sewing sleeve seams


The ties are long enough for me to tie around the back for an alternative styling.
At the end of the day, I quite like it, but am not crazy about it. It's very lightweight, but warm, so I think I'll use it. Mostly I just feel relieved to have finished a project that has been hanging around for a year.

1 comment:

DDKK said...

I'd love to see this in the flesh - I'm sure your camera doesn't do the colours justice!