Wednesday, June 27, 2007

(S)watching and waiting

I've put my name down for Mystery Stole 3, and while waiting for the first clue on Friday, I went stashdiving. I hunted high and low to find a mystery angora/wool yarn that I knew I had in there somewhere. I'd bought it as a so called 4 ply, but it was clearly too thin for the intended purpose. After balancing precariously on a stool and rummaging through the overhead cubes, I found the cone, and swatched up. I was delighted to find it was a perfect laceweight and showed off the pattern beautifully. It's a really great feeling to find the perfect yarn in the stash.

I've even managed to get some beads in the right colour. They're smaller than the pattern suggests though, and no way can I get a crochet hook through them. I think I'll try pre-threading and hope for the best.


My first attempt at blocking went well:



It's keeping me busy while I wait for my Ravelry invitation...

No comments: