Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Candy simple socks

After one last push, I've finished the candy coloured simple socks. I can't say why it's taken so long, except that socks don't really work for me as commuter knitting, and I don't feel like knitting them in the evenings.



I also picked up my neglected Sahara last week and started working on the second sleeve. I didn't pay close enough attention to the pattern though, and ended up working all the short rows incorrectly. Yesterday I bit the bullet and unknit them; it would have been faster to rip but it took me about 10 attempts to pick up the right number of stitches around the armhole, and I couldn't face doing that again.



The adventure bag is coming on, but it was a mistake to plan this as a summer project. I'm 200g through, and already it's too heavy and hot to deal with at this time of year. It's also not particularly portable.



The search for a good commuter project continues...

No comments: