Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memorial day cast on

I cast on for my official summer project, the lace shawl, on Memorial Day. Being a novice lace knitter, I followed all the advice linked from the Amazing Lace website, and managed the start and lifelines without too much trouble.


The next challenge will be to start reading the chart and managing the host of different decrease types it specifies, including several I've never used before.

I've finished the main body of the first tote exchange bag. It's worryingly large, and doesn't want to felt! Just so you understand the scale of the problem, that's me inside the upturned bag... Yes, you can carry a full sized adult in this tote! I've been trying to imagine how this could possibly be useful to my Tote Exchange pal, but I'm struggling...

3 comments:

Thea said...

Hi, this is Kish's friend Thea. If you have any questions about the lace feel free to contact me. I have done 5 lace shawls and my sister has done some as well. I really like your yarn choice. I can't wait to see the blocked and finished shawl.

Kish said...

Any luck with the bag at all? How is the shawl coming? I am anxious to see the progress you make with it.

smug sheep said...

Thanks very much Thea. I am sure I will need help with the blocking and may will call if I hit snags before that. I love the shawls on your blog