Saturday, May 13, 2006

Vogue Knitting

The current issue is filled with delectable designs that I don't have the time or skill to knit, but love looking at. I think it's great value for the quality and quantity of designs. One article that inspired me was an introduction to multidirectional knitting, so much so that I have joined the yahoo group, downloaded the tutorials and bought the book! So far, I've only made one swatch, but I think this could be a knitting theme for the whole summer. There are lots of patterns for scarves, hats & wraps, and I find that as it gets warmer, I'm more interested in small projects than large heavy ones.

Here's the first swatch, which is knitted triangles:



Other patterns I love in the current issue are:

  • cover skirt
  • white lace suit - so elegant, so unsuited to my lifestyle...
  • colourblock top
  • textured green top
  • dewdrop cardigan
  • wrap sweater in two colours
  • top with ruffle at waist
  • Moebius scarf

One of the main collections is called Roman Holiday, and the name is perfect. The styles are continental chic, with impeccable tailoring and sophisticated colours. If only I had the time to make a fabulous new wardrobe!

No comments: