Saturday, June 10, 2006

Upgrading

I've been a bit lax on posting recently, mostly because the good weather has arrived, and I don't want to miss it!

My DH got tired of my wool and fabric being all over the house, so is fixing up a proper storage and working area for me. He's putting up some cubes for the wool first. It's a bit of a labour of love, as it's far too hot to work inside and the World Cup is on to distract him!



The second area to get an upgrade is the camera. I've been borrowing DH's camera for the blog, but it's big and heavy, and fiddly to use (although I think he would say high spec and flexible).
I decided I needed a small camera of my own that I could take places, and use for the blog and for holidays. I started looking at different brands and models, and tried a few in a shop. I ended up spending a little more than I had originally intended, but I really like the look and size of the camera. I collected it from the store this morning, and have been playing with it as soon as the battery charged. I'm a bit limited with the number of photos right now, but have ordered a huge memory card, which should allow me to snap away to my heart's content. Needless to say, the pics in this post are all taken with the new toy.

After the episode with the first tote exchange bag, I've tried again with my second shortlisted pattern. The yarn I ordered looked great in the bag, but knits up to look darker and more muted than I wanted. I fixed it by using half the original yarn, and half a more vibrant colourway.



No comments: