Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Uruguay scarf

Here's the pic of the completed Uruguay scarf, so called because I used Manos del Uruguay bulky weight wool. The stitch pattern came from http://www.sheepinthecity.prettyposies.com/





Erin is still waiting for seaming; I just can't get enthusiastic about it, although having several sweater pieces lying around is beginning to annoy my DH.

Given my recent project completion rates, I decided it was time to finally cast on a summer project. So Picovoli is finally on the needles! I've gone for red wool cotton which is pretty cheerful. It's bit splitty, but my Addis seem to keep it under control ok. Only real problem at the moment is that I need a 60cm circular, as it doesn't easily fit my 40 or 80cm. This is the first time I have ever knitted with finer than aran weight, and I couldn't quite believe how many stitches I had to knit to get anywhere. Even the swatch took a whole evening...
Still, it's nice easy knitting in the round, so I should get there in the end.

As I said in my last post, I plan to make two candidates for Tote Exchange. I've chosen the patterns and ordered them, and have ordered some of the yarn. I need pure wool as I plan to felt both bags, and intend to use some combination of plain aran, Colinette and Kureyon in a blue colourway. I'm relieved to have made some decisions, and should get underway next week. I won't post work in progress in case my tote exchange pal sees it, but I'll put up yarn shots, and discuss the patterns that didn't make the final cut.

Last month I set myself some knitting goals as part of my Stashalong participation. It was useful to try and focus on completing items, so for May my goals are:

  • red Picovoli
  • finish the dreaded Erin
  • one of the two totes

1 comment:

Kish said...

Your scarf looks very pretty. I love the colors in it!