Monday, May 22, 2006

Loop and other yarn


After a month of best behaviour in April not buying any yarn, I have rather crashed off the wagon this month.

First, I wanted some variegated yarn to try out some multidirectional projects, so bought a selection of cotton ribbon and DK wool to give me some options.

Next, I checked out Loop in north London, on the advice of a multidirectional group member. This entailed racing from work to make it before the shop shut, as it doesn't open late any night. It's a very upscale affair, selling only luxury yarns and finished garments. It does not carry any basic ranges, but has many imported hard-to-find yarns. I bought some caramel Colinette for a bag, Noro Daria for a small purse and Noro Silk Garden to make a multidirectional tie for my DH.

Then I ordered Kureyon in different colours for my second possible tote exchange bag. I haven't got it yet, but am looking forward to seeing it. Oh, and a little silk handpainted yarn; the lure of the multidirectional projects again...

2 comments:

Kish said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kish said...

Heh, sorry about the deleted post, don't know what happened. The yarn is lovely, I really like the one in the middle. I am making some progress on the bag for the tote exchange, but still have yet to hear from my partner. Have you heard from yours?