Saturday, February 09, 2008

Quick scarf

The frou frou jacket has taken shape once I seamed the sleeves and sides. I've done the pretty crochet edging on the cuffs, and am now working the same around the whole body. I really like the way the pattern shapes up, and it's been a great stashbuster for a 'difficult' mohair yarn.




I've also been whipping up a quick 2x2 ribbed scarf. I bought some Garnstudio Fox at the K&S show for this, and opted to start it now because I knew I would have some interrupted waiting time this week, where I could knit, but not on anything complicated. The yarn has turned out to have quite an eyelash effect, which I hadn't realised when I bought it, but it's very soft and has a good colour. It's a 3 ply yarn with a wool roving strand, a railroad strand and the dreaded eyelash chainette.



No comments: