Thursday, February 08, 2007

Wicked is progressing quickly, although I have had some trouble with the fit of the shoulders. I had this issue with the other raglan pattern I knitted too. My shoulders are quite long and square in proportion to the rest of me. This means that there isn't enough length in the top of the raglan sleeve to drape over the shoulder without pulling. If I add more increase rows, the sleeve and body get too wide. The fudges I have made for now are to add one more set of normal increases, then a fudged 'sleeve only' set of increases. That increased the body and sleeves by an inch each and dropped the underarm an inch too. It gives the ease over the shoulder, but doesn't look so fitted and flattering overall.



Rahime commented about knitting or reading making her sick in the car. I find knitting better than reading, as I can hold it up a bit, and not look down so much. My top tip if you can't do either is to listen to one of the knitting podcasts on an MP3 player - it's the next best thing! Quite soothing late at night too.

2 comments:

rahime said...

Good advice! I guess that's what I'll have to do.

Kris B said...

The wicked is moving right along and looking good.