Sunday, February 18, 2007

Wicked is finished

My second FO of the year, and the fastest I have ever knit a garment. Cast on Monday 5th Feb and ready to wear on Friday 16th - a mere 11 days! Wicked had its first public outing last night, and was admired (possibly because all present knew I had knitted it myself).

I definitely plan to make another, but would make a few fit alterations. The neckline is a little loose, so I'd use a smaller needle for the ribbing. It's a bit pouchy along the raglan, and I'm trying to work out how to improve it. I thought perhaps I should have some of the underarm stitches grafted to the body. My basic sweater book also suggests doing at least one lot of raglan increases every fourth row.






I'm enjoying the luxury of wondering what to cast on next. In the meantime, I've picked up the Finn wool jumper. I really need to finish this in the next couple of weeks if it's going to get any wear this season. I should be ready to start the V neck later today.

3 comments:

jen said...

Beautiful! I would love to knit this sweater. Yours looks so great!

DDKK said...

Very nice! Hope you will be wearing it for pancakes on Tuesday!

Kris B said...

Wow, that looks awesome. Wicked has been tempting me a lot lately and the fact that it knitted up quickly makes it even more tempting.