Sunday, February 18, 2007

Scarf for Mum

Well, the dilemma over what to knit next didn't last long. Mum presented a partly knitted scarf and asked me to complete it. However, it looked very wide, and I called her to tell her that she would need more wool to get a good length, or alternatively, I could frog it, and knit the whole thing in a narrower version. She elected for the latter, so I frogged, re-skeined, washed and weighted the yarn.

The yarn is Sublime cashmere merino silk aran. It's very soft, but splitty. I started with my mother's metal straight needles, but quickly moved back to my old favourite, the Addi turbos. The tips are a bit blunt for handling splitty yarn, but they are very lightweight and manoeuvrable.

No real pattern, just the basic keyhole scarf in moss stitch.

No comments: