Friday, December 29, 2006

A year in blog posts

I've pinched this idea from Knit 'n' lit - I've been knitting for a year now, and it's a good time to look back over that time. In life in general, 2006 has certainly been better than 2005, although my main hopes and goals for 2006 remain largely unfulfilled - let's hope for good times in 07.
Knitting has been a bright addition to my life, and I've learnt lots and made good friends from it.

January - Discovered ebay as a stash source. Went a bit crazy buying yarn that I probably will never knit up.

February - Kept working on my first jumper, and discovered that I hate knitting with eyelash yarn.

March - Set up my blog, and discovered the joys of finding yarn shops when going away to new places.

April - Made a Clapotis - this seems to be a rite of passage for all internet knitters.

May - Finished the Hot Lava shrug which is now a favourite to wear, although it's incredibly heavy. Ashamed to say that most of the other items enthusiastically cast on in May remain unfinished...

June - Got my own camera for blogging, and special wool holes to store the stash.

July - The wonderful knitting weekend in the Isle of Wight combined with a heat wave. A high point of the year.

August - Holidays, and finding lots of Scandinavian yarn stores. A mohair shawl.

September - Started my first pair of socks, and learnt to crochet.

October - Ally Pally

November - Crocheted shawl

December - My first two pairs of socks! They are kind of addictive.

And a running theme throughout the year of adding more and more to the stash. It's now officially SABLE (stash approaching beyond life expectancy).

No comments: