Thursday, December 14, 2006

A quick scarf

I used Colinette Prism to make a quick mini keyhole ribbed scarf. I used my husband as the model to check the number of stitches needed for the width, and before I had even worked it out, he had claimed the scarf for himself! He has been a very grateful recipient, and looks very cute in it. The yarn is so soft and cushiony, a real joy to knit with. I'm still hoping to get another done as a gift for Christmas.



I've started the socks for my sister, and swatched a number of patterns to see what would work with the dark, slightly variegated wool. I took the sock on flights this week. An advantage of the tiny Brittany birch dpns is that they don't seem to cause any alarm at security as they are small, blunt and have no metal parts. The knitting I did on the evening flight was fine, but the rows I worked on the night flight back had to be frogged this morning... It was fun to find out that the air steward on the flight was a very keen knitter and we discussed yarn stores and 2 circs versus dpns for small diameter circular knitting.

I received my first order from Posh Yarn this morning. The colours are pretty, but somehow I expected the yarn to be softer and more lofty. We'll see how it knits up.

No comments: