Sunday, December 31, 2006

New Year's resolutions

1) To reduce the stash to a storable level

I have been steadily increasing my stash all year, and it now exceeds the available storage space. My goal is to fit everything in to my wool holes, which means knitting/ selling / giving away to reduce the stash.
To this end, I am signing up for stashalong again, but this time under the new rules.

2) Finish the UFOs or throw them out

This includes:

  • Erin ribbon twist sweater
  • Purple cardigan
  • Purple felted bag
  • Blue handbag
  • Cream knitting bag
  • Amazing lace shawl

3) Learn new techniques
Not sure what this will encompass yet, but some ideas:
  • Mittens
  • Felting
  • Dyeing
  • EZ pattern
  • Multidirectional
  • Fairisle
  • Yoke sweater
  • Lace knitting

Thinking about it, I've learnt a lot of techniques in 2006, including:
knitting in the round - large diameter
altering a pattern
magic loop method
2 circulars method
dpns
socks- both toe up and down
basic crochet stitches

No comments: