Friday, December 01, 2006

My first pair of socks

A long weekend away in the north gave me the opportunity to get some serious knitting done. I'm now up to the underarm split on the Finn wool jumper, but think I'm going to have to get busy with a calculator and graph paper to calculate the sleeve cap. I've printed off the articles from knitty on how to do this, but it runs to about 60 pages....



I finished my first pair of socks! They fit beautifully and the pattern is great for a first time sock knitter.




2 comments:

Thea said...

Yay for socks! Are you going to make more? I founds socks addictive and always have a pair on the needles. Good luck finishing the jumper by Christmas.

smug sheep said...

yes, started the second pair already. Still being defeated by the sleeve maths for the jumper.