Saturday, July 08, 2006

Stash yarns



A new yarn shop has opened in London, and after reading about it on several blogs, I had to see for myself! Stash stocks lots of US brands that are hard or impossible to find here, and this was the big attraction for me.



The shop is well laid out, and it's easy to reach and touch all the yarns. There are chairs for knitting, and even small sample balls to try swatching before you buy. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and web literate. This is the first store I've been in where I can mention a popular Interknits, Vogue or popular web pattern, and they know exactly what I'm talking about.




So what tempted me?

The softest cotton I've ever felt from Blue Sky, to use in a project from One Skein.



Mission Falls cotton, which has a great nubbly texture. I think this would make a great stripy summer tank.



My first skeins of Koigu. I had to see what all the fuss was about.



Fiber Trends patterns for a sheep tote and for felted clogs



All in all, a very tempting selection, and I'm sure this is a store to which I'll return. I'm already compiling a mental wish list. The store's blog says they are going to have a wish list for customers, which sounds great.

No comments: