Sunday, July 09, 2006

The power of Koigu

I was keen to try the two skeins of Koigu I bought at Stash recently, and fortunately had a great pattern for a chevron scarf designed for Koigu. The pattern calls for 4 skeins, but I figured I'd start with two and make a shorter version.

Initially, I didn't really understand why Koigu is so expensive. As the pattern started to develop, and the sheen and variation in colour came through in the knitted fabric, I began to see the light. I now love the stuff! It's still expensive though, so I think will be for accents only, and only when I'm feeling flush. A great treat, and one for the wish list!

Scarf a few days ago:


After an intensive weekend of knitting:



I think the two skeins are going to be enough for a short scarf.

And a close up of the stitch pattern:



Lovely stuff!

1 comment:

Dixie said...

YUM! Koigu is some purty stuff.