Saturday, January 02, 2010

Most popular patterns on Ravelry

Browsing through my previous blog entries, I found my assessment of the top 100 Ravelry yarns, which got me thinking. How about the top patterns?

I picked out the most popular patterns on Ravelry as of today:



  1. Fetching - yes, made these for my mother, and would make again

  2. BSJ - this is hibernating - the knitting is finished, just needs making up

  3. Monkey - not yet, but potentially

  4. Calorimetry - have the yarn, plan to make

  5. Clapotis - made it, but don't love my yarn choice so it doesn't get worn

  6. Ishbel - no, not likely to

  7. February lady sweater - maybe later

  8. Noro striped scarf - I like it, but am worried that Noro is so scratchy. Unlikely to make

  9. Turn a square - maybe later

  10. Saartje's booties - maybe later

  11. Swallowtail shawl - unlikely

  12. Sock recipe - no

  13. Ballband dishcloth - would like to make. Bought some Rowan Cotton Jeans to use for this

  14. Starcrossed slouchy beret - hadn't seen this before, but I like it. Have added to my faves list.

  15. Felted clogs - yes made this, but they come out huge!!

  16. Koolhaas - maybe later

  17. Bella's mittens - maybe later

  18. One row handspun scarf - yes, and enjoyed making this

  19. Baktus scarf - maybe later

  20. Lace ribbon scarf - would like to make


Out of the top 20, I've made 4, have one WIP, would consider making 11 and have 4 I don't want to make. I wonder how typical that is of other Ravelers.

I also made a trip to the Liberty sale yesterday. There were some discontinued colours of Rowan cashsoft in various weights and felted tweed. I managed to resist although I was quite tempted!

No comments: