Saturday, November 18, 2006

Progress, but no finished objects

The Finn wool jumper is coming along, although I am gritting my teeth and just knitting and knitting. I've finished the first section of stocking stitch for the body, and at least have a pattern section now for interest. I'm knitting this back and forth, as I simply could not convert the pattern to work correctly in the round, and had to frog it twice.

I've finished the sweet pea shawl crochet, so only the fringing and blocking to go.

I've turned the heel on the second sock, so just need to work the foot now.

Let's talk about some of the winter magazines. I was very disappointed with the holiday edition of Vogue Knitting, especially after the fabulous summer issue. Many of the designs looked shapeless or downright unflattering. There was one traditional Aran I admired, but probably won't knit. I'm always on the lookout for patterns featuring Koigu, and I liked the idea of knitting hexagons in different colours, but thought the final coat looked rather garish.

The November issue of Knit Today had more to interest me. Another traditional Aran, this time for men, and a simple sweater with an unusual basket weave and Turkish rib pattern. there was also a very pretty bobble bag that's crying out to me.

No comments: