Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Christmas knitting

I've rashly committed to knitting two Christmas gifts. The greater challenge is to produce a grey Finn sheep wool jumper for my DH. I've spent ages doing major calculations to change the gauge of a pattern he likes, but already think I'm going to have to make another set of alterations. I'm knitting on fine needles too, so this project is going to involve knitting like the wind to get to the finish line. I'm settling in for acres of stocking stitch.



My sister is more modest in her expectation of a pair of socks. However, I have yet to finish my first pair of socks, so it is still somewhat ambitious. She brought round a pair of socks that were handknitted by her mother in law, so that I could get a feel for the style she likes. The pattern on these is really attractive, a sort of varying rib.

And finally, the sweet pea shawl is progressing, and provides a bit of light relief from the Finn wool jumper.

No comments: