Sunday, September 24, 2006

Converted to crochet?



I've always struggled with crochet. I tried to teach myself from a book, but kept having to fight to get the loops off the hook, and get the stitches to look remotely even. However, I think I've finally seen the light. This is all thanks to Caterina, who took me in hand and taught me how to hold the hook, manage the tension and keep the loops nice and loose. Our SnB group met in a local cafe to teach new knitters, however, we outnumbered the new knitters, so there was time for teaching each other. I came home so fired up with the crochet that I've made lots of little stitch samples and have been glued to the Happy Hooker book.







I also picked up a tip for keeping the dreaded dpns under control, which has helped me to progress on the sock without continually stabbing myself.

Our afternoon was finished off in style with wine and delicious home made cake from Helena.

No comments: