Monday, June 19, 2006

Filling the wool holes

I filled the wool holes and my stash now looks super organised, and for the first time ever, I can see exactly what I have!



It's all sorted by type of yarn, and the Noro cube is overflowing...




I've been knitting away on the tote exchange 2 candidate despite the fact that it's like having a woolly blanket across my lap in the heat. Front and back are complete, I'm working the sides now, then need to add edging and handles. Getting close... I really want to get it in the post before the end of the month, to allow plenty of time for the international postal service before the deadline. At least this one looks a more sensible size...

4 comments:

Kish said...

I really like the shelving you put in. I wish I had a place to store my yarn like that. The bag looks like it is coming along nicely. I am hoping to have mine done soon as well. Did you ever hear from your partner?

Kish said...

The dpns are actually really easy to use. I use 5 instead of 4. The needles don't slide out and I don't drop stitches like I usually do. Thea said that she would try to get a picture up for how she holds hers to prevent the ladders and for easier knitting. She is the one that wrote the pattern out for me as well. I am seriously hooked on knitting them...very worth a try, I think you would like it :).

Thea said...

Kish and I are using the same pattern for our socks and it is from "Sensational Knitted Socks". The best book for knitting socks (in my mind). I got a picture posted of how I hold the needles for knitting with 5 dpns.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to organize your yarn!!