Friday, April 28, 2006

Tote exchange - the pattern search

The matches have been made, and tote exchange is off and running. I've spent several hours this week browsing internet patterns and leafing through my magazines and books to find the perfect pattern. I haven't decided yet, but am getting an idea of the style and type of bag I want to make. I'm keen to try and learn something new from this project; a bag seems small and simple enough to try a new technique.

Ideas so far:

  • tote size so can be used as a project bag
  • felted for strength
  • fair isle
  • multi-directional
  • hand-dyed
  • houndstooth
  • strongly contrasting colours
  • denim look
Don't worry, I don't plan to combine all of those in one bag! Just some of the ideas that appeal. I have a feeling I may end up making more than one bag before the July deadline.


Stashalong


Only two and a half days left to go! I'm going to take a break at the end of the month, as I need to buy the yarn for the Tote Exchange bag and also have my eye on a particular kit. I'll probably go back on the yarn diet later though, and do want to keep working through the stash.
I've still got three projects I want to finish, and although that won't happen this weekend, I'm determined to carry on and not get distracted by shiny new projects!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Sounds like a lot of great ideas - I can't wait to see which bag you decide to make!