Monday, April 10, 2006

Feels like January






After a brief taste of spring a week ago, the weather has turned very cold again; down to 1C and snow yesterday. The only positive is that it extends the winter knitting season.

With this in mind, I've cast on for a bulky weight scarf with variegated Uruguayan wool. I love the colour scheme, and although I was worried about pooling at one point, it seems to be coming good now. I've taken a long car journey this weekend so this was a good easy travelling project.

The long straight section of Clapotis is going on forever, or so it feels. I figure I need 17 repeats to get the pattern length and I've crept up to 13.

A few days off work this week so I'm hoping to get some good knitting time in, and finish a couple of projects. Some hectic social life though, so maybe not.

1 comment:

Miri Mack said...

Your Clapotis is beautiful. I did 17 straights on mine too. It's my very favorite thing that I knit so it was worth all tedium of those last four or so.

Cheers,

Miriam