Saturday, April 01, 2006

Stash busting

I've decided to be brave and signup for Stashalong for one month, starting today. This means no yarn buying for the whole of April. I'm not sure I have the willpower, and think it's going to be pretty difficult.

Goals to use up some of the stash this month:

400g bulky wool for a shrug
100g to finish my clapotis
100g to make my first pair of socks
300g to finish the Erin turtleneck

Hmm, that's still less than a kilo, even with four projects.

Repeat after me 'I do not need more yarn'; if I say it often enough, I may start to believe it. Actually, I know I don't need it, I just can't help buying when I see something bright or shiny or soft.

Clapotis is coming along well. I was concerned about the colour being too drab, but now I've reached the point where there are several dropped stitches, it looks a lot more interesting.

2 comments:

Kish said...

I am a fellow "stashalonger" and I am also working on the Hot Lava shrug. I just finished the shrug part and am getting ready to pick up the stitches for the next part. If you would like a knitting buddy for this project...let me know. Happy knitting!

Kish said...

Hey-I actually found the shrug really easy to do. I am on the body part of it, but I noticed that on my m1's I accidentally knitting holes into them by not twisting the stitches correctly. Looks like I will be backtracking some. I am using lion brand wool-ease and I like the way it is turning out. I thought it looked like we started blogging at the same time. if you want I can send you some links to html "cheat sheets" which make you look pro without really knowing what you are doing :). I also restarted the hot lava knit along at http://hotlavakal.blogspot.com/ in hopes that people would join up. Let me know how the shrug is coming...I'd love to see pictures as you work on it. I am thinking of making the same one in another color too to use up that stash of mine!