Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Rediscovering Evie

After my UFO investigations, I decided to be disciplined and pull out a couple of them. First up Evie. I'd reached the point where I knew I wanted to change the neckline, but couldn't face the maths to do so. This week I printed off some knitters' graph paper, and drew up the pattern neckline. Then all I needed to do was draw a curve to show my new neckline, square it up and translate into knittable instructions.




It was easy, and I should have done it sooner. The maths involved was pretty minimal. I retained the short row shaping style, but just lowered the front neckline. I used a three needle bind off for the shoulders, and voila!


Overall, I didn't particularly enjoy knitting this, and the outcome is ok, but not very special. Still another finished object, and suitable for the current season.

No comments: