Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Felting Adventure

As well as completing Evie, I knuckled down to the Adventure bag, and completed the main body of the bag. I did have a bit of a problem when I felted the bag before picking up stitches and knitting a tab, but managed to force my needle through the felted loops. I've hit a problem with the straps now. The bag is huge, so needs a sturdy strap to sling over the shoulder. The icord suggested in the pattern seems too weak and will stretch lengthwise. I'm thinking of possibly adding a chain strap, but it doesn't really go with the felted fabric. Any ideas?

Buying a long enough (30") zipper is also a challenge - John Lewis only carries a couple of colours in that length.




I did put this in a zipped bag to felt it, but I still have fibres everywhere.

No comments: