Saturday, December 29, 2007

Anise jacket

After finishing the Christmas gifts, I had a craving to cast on a jumper or jacket for myself. This month's Simply Knitting provided the answer in the Rowan Anise jacket, originally published in the Newshapes booklet. The magazine claimed you could knit this in a weekend, it's very fashionable, and I had the perfect yarn marinating in the stash. I pulled out a bag of Rowan's Ribbon Twist and cast on last weekend. I've been knitting furiously over the holiday week, and have managed to complete the separate pieces.


I'm determined to join the pieces and not leave them languishing as I usually do. My mother's friend Jean kindly provided me with matching yarn to seam, as the Ribbon Twist is too bulky and loosely spun to use, so I have no excuse.

I'm trying hard to choose a colour for my next hipknits project. I'm torn between candy shop, tandem, choc cherries or bingo, although the first two are shading it. Candy shop might look good with biscuit, and tandem with navy or biscuit.

1 comment:

Anita said...

Hi looks fantastic! I have just bought a bag of ribbon twist half price (!) and was planning to do "Anise" with it so loved reading about your progress.
Anita
http://knittinginbromley@blogspot.com/