Sunday, November 11, 2007

UK SnB day - part 2


The vendors were mostly small companies, including a number of artisan dyers. I got this gorgeous colourway of sock yarn from Jon at easyknits, who was doing his first show. His partner had generously baked delicious gingerbread men for the customers, so my husband was delighted to be presented with a knitting gingerbread man when I got home!


The venue was excellent, and well laid out. There was plenty of seating to sit down and relax, which greatly reduced the stress of crowds.
Rainbow silks had a good array of hard to find knitting tools, such as Susan Bates needles and hooks, Chibo needles, purse forms and peg looms.Natural Dye Studio are starting a teapot cosy club and had models on display.



My stash enhancement was modest.


A number of charity initiatives were showcased including the Children's Society big stitch, walking stick cosy comp, Origins ginger knits and St. Johns Ambulance big tea cosy



I discovered the joy of the pompom, and think it may be a good way to use up yarn that I don't want to knit with - I'm thinking novelty acrylics here.


I was smitten by an Estonian glove puppet:


I finally met some Socks that Rock. I thought the colours were gorgeous, and the base yarn was similar to that in Cherry Tree Hill or Koigu. I also found out that knitting socks on 2 circs is apparently easier with very short needles.


2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the photo of Woolly, he says Hi! How are you going on your scarf from the workshop?

smug sheep said...

Haven't done any more on the scarf, but have ordered the book. I might try the hat if I'm feeling brave!