Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The three projects approach

I've been trying the three projects approach for the last couple of weeks, and it seems to be yielding results. Grumperina outlined an ideal state of having exactly three projects on the go at once with one easy portable, one easy stay at home and one more complicated.

My current three are:

1) Evie - the easy portable

Very bored with this now, but can't bear the guilt of another unfinished summer top

2) Stripy throw - the easy, but too big to heft around

Still enjoying, but still hasn't got to the desired width, never mind length

3) MS3 - the complicated

Having a bit of a renaissance. I just finished chart H tonight, so two more charts or around 100 rows to go. Let's ignore the fact that the rows are getting ever longer.

The main reason I am sticking to three at a time is to try to actually finish something before I start another. I really want to make a start on my Christmas knitting, but am resisting. The throw is going to take ages, but it should be possible to finish in a couple of weeks.

No comments: