Saturday, October 13, 2007

Highlights from the K&S show

I went to the Knitting & Stitching show on Thursday and Saturday, and enjoyed both. On Thursday, I did a recce and didn't buy much at all, and went home feeling very virtuous. I did however, fall off the wagon on Saturday....
I took Kerrie Allman's knitted flowers class, which has given me enough confidence to tackle the scarf on the cover of Vogue Knitting. We made silk roses and chrysanthemums, and it was quick and easy.



Two of my favourite stalls were Touch Yarns from New Zealand had some interesting possum yarn, and soft hand dyed boucle. Knitwitches had loads of hand dyed cashmere and silk.were two of my favourite stalls.
Top of the range luxury was represented by Teos Handspun and Shilasdair handspun cashmere, arnica.dk for qiviut and shokay for yak. I particularly like the knitted yak, knitted from yak yarn! The shadecards are pretty cute too.


I didn't venture far into the yarns at the opposite end of the spectrum, although there did seem to be plenty of takers for the jumbo cones of acrylic. I did see the James C Brett Marble that Lixie favours in her podcasts, but wasn't hugely tempted. Good for babies, but not so keen for me.

The vendors on the Sublime Yarns were very friendly, and their patterns and yarns are always great. The colour palette is indeed sublime and very sophisticated.
Rkmwools had a good range of well priced yarns, and the textiles student on the stand was only to keen to help me mix up some combinations for small projects.

The quilting exhibition was interesting, with a wide range of styles. I thought the quilted blog was a clever idea.

No comments: