Sunday, September 30, 2007

Three species of yarn

I've had a very yarny weekend. My sister bought me some yak mix yarn which I have been dying to try, and threw in some baby camel for good measure. I found out about a great yarn sale at a local shop which is sadly closing its wool section.

Yarn and plans for it are:


  • Silk wool for a jacket or jumper

  • More silk wool for a slipover for DH

  • Cashsoft DK for a crocheted stripy throw for DH

  • Soft Lux for a short sleeved shrug

My mother is not keen on knitting, but was persuaded to have a go at a neck cowl she saw in one of my books.
Edited to add: No, ended up like last Christmas i.e. the yarn she bought has come home with me to make for her...

Now that the clementine shawlette is off the needles, I've started a new project. It's the candy striped throw using the cashsoft DK I've just bought. I have to say, I love this yarn. It's incredibly soft, and machine washable too!

No comments: